Plan to go to Boracay Island but don’t know or sure how to get there? Then here’s a quick and easy travel guide and information on how to get there from Boracay/Caticlan (MPH) Airport or Kalibo (KLO) International Airport.
From Boracay/Caticlan (MPH) Airport to Boracay
There are two main gateways to Boracay one is the Caticlan Airport and the other is the Kalibo International Airport. Caticlan Airport is the closest airport to Boracay, recently it has been renamed to Boracay Airport. It is found on the southern tip of the island nearby Caticlan, Malay, Aklan. Pilipino Tourist are encouraged to fly directly to Boracay Airport but it has a limitation, the latest airplane arrival is at 18:40 and the latest departure of airplane is at 19:25.
- As you head out at the airport, from the exit door, cross the main road and there, you’ll see parked vans and motor tricycles that takes passengers to Caticlan Jetty Port, it’ll only take about 10 to 15 minutes to get there.
- Upon arriving at the Caticlan Jetty Port, all tourists, both domestic and international must go through the verification booth. This is the new policy, no one is allowed to enter the island without any confirmed booking from DOT (Department of Tourism) accredited hotel and resorts. Once you go through the verification process, you’ll see booths where you are required to buy government fees which are the Terminal fee (Php 100.00) and Environmental fee (Php 75.00), there also you will find a booth for you to buy a ferry/boat ticket going to Cagban Port.
- Now you can enter the Jetty Port. Inside, you will undergo series of security checks like the baggage x ray machine, metal detectors and security guards. Then, follow the signs, it will lead you to a turnstile, you need the Terminal and Environmental fee ticket for you to enter. After that, keep walking straight and you’ll reach the port and there you will see ticket collectors and small boats that ferries tourists between Caticlan Mainland to Boracay (Cagban) Port the entry point of Boracay Island it is 24 hours a day, however boat fare may change based on schedule (05:00-17:59 [Php 25.00], 18:00-22:00 [Php 30.00], 22:00-05:00 [Php 50.00]). The boat ride will approximately be 15-20 minutes.
- Once you reach the Cagban Port, parked E-tricycles, multicabs and high ace vans will be there, fare for chartered e-trike is Php 150-350 for chartered multicab it is Php 250-600, for van it is Php 500-800. The amount of fare depends on where you are going, either at Station 1,2 or 3 or at Yapak and Diniwid Boracay.
From Kalibo (KLO) International Airport
Kalibo International Airport is the largest airport in the province of Aklan and now offers direct flights to and from Seoul, Singapore City, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong. If you are a tourist, planning to go to Boracay and you are from outside of the Philippines then, Kalibo International Airport is your best site to get to Boracay.
- After you take out your luggage and exited at the airport, there will be vans and buses that goes directly to Caticlan at the airport terminal. The ride can take about 1.5-2 hours to get to the Caticlan Jetty Port.
From Kalibo Pook Port
Kalibo Port is a soon to be passageway leading to Boracay Island, recently there has been a Soft Opening of the Port of Mabuhay Maritime Express in Pook, Kalibo followed by the maiden voyage of MV Magalang from Kalibo to Boracay.
*To enjoy your vacation in Boracay Island to the fullest and without stress and worries make sure you book your transportation, hotels and activities in advance here at BPHT booking services! If you have any concern and questions, contact us.
We are always ready to help you!